Artificial Grass Plympton
If you are looking for artificial grass in Plympton, get in touch with Perrys Builders Merchants. We proudly stock artificial grass from the leading manufacturer Grassmate. The brand has developed maintenance-free grass that is natural-looking, easy to fit and also competitively priced. No matter the size of your outdoor area, we can supply the quantity of artificial grass you need to create your perfect garden. Get in touch with a helpful member of our team today to make any further enquiries. We offer free local deliveries to customers based in Plymouth.
Whether you are based locally or in a surrounding area including Plymouth, Plymstock, Derriford, Saltash, Torpoint, Liskeard or Ivybridge, make us your first call.
Why Should I Choose Artificial Grass?
With our quality artificial grass, you can have a plush looking garden except there will be no mowing, no feeding, no watering and no mud! So, you will have all the benefits of a fresh and natural lawn, without the fuss. Moreover, not only does our artificial grass make life easier for you but is available with a 10-year warranty for your peace of mind. Contact our helpful team today if you would like a free quotation.
What You Will Need For Your Installation
You will require various tools to install artificial grass, including:
- Mastic gun
- Turf cutter
- Power screw driver
- Wheel barrow
- Wacker plate
- Club hammer
- Knife with spare blades
- Stiff brush
- Mechanical brush (if available)
Materials you will need for your installation include:
- Grassmate rolls
- Joining glue
- Joining tape
- Weed membrane
- Type 1 MOT
- Sharp sand
How To Install Artificial Grass
- Remove the turf to a depth of 2 or 3 inches depending on soil type. A deeper base is needed for heavy clay soil. The area will need to be edged with a timber frame.
- Fit the first layer of weed membrane and fill the area with Type 1 MOT.
- Compact the Type 1 MOT with a new Wacker plate and blind off with approx. 10mm of sharp sand. The compacted material should be level with the top of the timber frame.
- Lay the second weed membrane and secure it to the top of the timber frame.
- Install the Grassmate grass using a sharp knife to cut the rolls to shape and size needed.
- If joining 2 rolls of grass, cut out stitch lines and join using Grassmate tape and glue.
- Trim the grass rolls and secure the grass to the timber frame by nailing or screwing every 4 to 6 inches, ensuring to open the grass and avoid fibres getting twisted or caught.
While the cost of our artificial grass is based upon the stunning results you can expect to receive, we offer a range of solutions to meet your budget.
Call Perrys Builders Merchants
Contact Perrys Builders Merchants today if you need artificial grass in Plympton or the surrounding areas. Get in touch with our friendly staff today if you would like any further information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.